Thursday 25 October 2018

Christmas in October

Last year I celebrated the arrival of my ZWEIHÄNDER rulebook with a post called Christmas in September. Little did I know back then, that next year I will cherish the arrival of another similar release: Cubicle 7's Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th edition. Like its cousin, it's a sight to behold, but that's the least one should expect that from the publishers of The One Ring RPG. Embossed cover, beautiful full color interior, overwhelming book smell... Browsing through the tome felt like opening the WFRP2e rulebook years ago, which was the first English rpg I bought. If it managed to achieve something, it's whetting my appetite for more, and convincing me to pre-order the Starter Set too.

That cover looks awfully familiar...

This doesn't mean the end of my ZWEIHÄNDER campaign of course. My party just reached second tier, and I got the MAIN GAUCHE supplement's early access, which is full of juicy content we can't wait to try. Neither will I start a parallel campaign. My hands are already full with running ZWEIHÄNDER and HackMaster. For the first time in many years I am going to be a player. I can't wait to jump into the Old World and try the new edition! There are rules I'm excited about, there are rules I'm skeptical about, and there are rules I'm curious about. Once I got my feet wet expect a review about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment